Software Engineer (Cambridge office)
Eddyfi Technologies UK Limited are seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer to join its multi-skilled product development team to enhance its Teletest Non-destructive Testing Product. To be successful in this role should have a proven track record in object-oriented analysis and design techniques for the .NET framework, developing user interfaces in Windows-based applications using WPF, implementation and integration of numerical algorithms and robust test plans linking specifications to functionality. You must be customer focussed in your approach to software design and recognise the importance of user experience. Creativity in development is encouraged with a view to maintaining continuous improvement to our products and design processes.
Involvement in every part of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process:
- Definition of the problem: Understand, analyse and interpret requirements and in response, produce formal specifications.
- Software application: The software will involve Windows desktop software based on a graphical user interface involving plotted/charted data (WPF and .NET based).
- Algorithms and Software Architecture: Adopt a modular approach to software architecture where routines can be reused.
- Code: Develops code with a clear and defined style that meets the quality and design constraints imposed by the project.
- Product knowledge: Use of agile methodologies to understand/evaluate client personas, their problems and adding value propositions.
- Test Planning: Produce test plans to help determine the functionality of software against a Software Requirements Specification (SRS).
- Testing: Performs software tests at both unit and system level providing results in the JIRA framework (the Zephyr module).
- Software maintenance: Involvement in legacy software products but also with a view to capturing and processing bugs for future developments.
- Process conscious: Uses standards and best practices to develop excellent software.
- Project management: The successful candidate will have an input in project scheduling and project monitoring ensuring that workstreams operate efficiently.
What We’re Looking For
- A minimum of 5 years working knowledge using C#, the .NET framework and C/C++.
- Experience of building user interfaces using WPF.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science with experience of developing commercial or scientific software.
- Code and project management using JIRA and SVN.
- Strong skills in mathematics.
- Knowledge of signal processing and low-level programming of DSP boards is desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of Python would be an advantage.