Eddyfi Technologies brings major functional and productivity improvements to its industry-leading Magnifi data acquisition and analysis software with the release of version 4.3.
As a world leader in electromagnetic inspection technologies, Eddyfi Technologies is proud to launch the latest update for its data acquisition and analysis software—Magnifi® 4.3. This latest version demonstrates once again the company’s commitment to user productivity and satisfaction when using its state-of-the-art software to acquire and analyze non-destructive testing (NDT) data. Simultaneously, Magnifi GO, the Reddy® onboard acquisition and analysis software, is also getting updated to version 1.4.
Magnifi version 4.3 sees a significant number of new features and improvements:
Automatic Data Screening and Verification
Magnifi 4.3 can now automatically screens ECA, ECT, NFT, and MFL inspected tube lists in less than a second per tube. This screening can be performed from the C-scan or strip chart and, along with the data quality verification, can dramatically reduce the time it takes to analyze inspection data—as much as 50%.
Another improvement found in Magnifi 4.3 is the one-click RFT calibration. This new feature calibrates the absolute and differential channels over all frequencies and automatically corrects the orientation of RFT signals—another impressive time saver.
Enhanced Tubing Inspections
Other improvements to tubing inspections include:
- Better sizing of typical inner diameter pits with a dual polynomial curve.
- The complete integration of Probot™, which includes support for IRIS.
- An up-to-date setup wizard with the latest NFA and MFL probes.
- Reddy for tubing now includes a slew process that aligns the AC channel with the absolute and differential bobbin channels.
Olivier Lavoie, tubing probe product manager, comments: “We can consider that this latest software release is as a game changer for the industry. The major improvements Magnifi 4.3 introduces will drastically reduce analysis time thanks to an optimal rescan tube function, which will amount to better asset management and more productive users.”
Furthermore, as Eddyfi Technologies has recently signed an exclusive distribution and collaboration agreement with HTC/ISS for TubePro, you can also expect better integration with Magnifi in the future.
Improved Surface Inspections
These latest versions of Magnifi also bring a number of improvements to surface inspections:
- You can now use Magnifi GO surface raster scans to generate files from Reddy.
- Liftoff compensation, until now an exclusively Sharck™ feature, has been extended to ECA probes, as well.
- The process channel median filter was improved so that the input and selected signal component have the same size.
- The improved TECA™ defect optimization option yields better results than before.
- Dedicated interface to lock the TECA baseline.
- It is now possible to calibrate Sharck probes with the probe keypad.
- A new visual indicator is installed to warn that sizing is beyond the maximum value.
For more about Magnifi, visit www.eddyfi.com/products/magnifi-software/.
About Eddyfi Technologies
Eddyfi Technologies maximizes the potential of multiple advanced NDT inspection technologies. It focuses on offering high-performance NDT solutions for the inspection of critical components and assets through four complementary brands and product lines: Eddyfi, Silverwing, Teletest, and TSC. Eddyfi Technologies serves customers in more than 80 countries in such major industries as nuclear, power generation, oil & gas, and aerospace. The group employs more than 250 people and leverages 10 centers of excellence and sales offices worldwide, all staffed by NDT experts.