Mechanical Design Engineer (Cambridge office)
Eddyfi Technologies UK Limited are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join its multi-skilled product development team to enhance its Teletest Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Product. To be successful in this role the candidate should have a proven track record in designing advanced, electro-mechanical devices using SolidWorks. The successful applicant will have a customer focussed approach to design with their product needs in mind. Creativity in development is encouraged with a view to maintaining continuous improvement to our products and design processes.
The individual will be involved in all parts of the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) process:
- Definition of the problem: Understand, analyse and interpret requirements and in response, produce formal specifications.
- Handle detailed design iteration via prototyping and testing to commercial product.
- Manage releases of products to the market via design and project reviews.
- Project management: The successful candidate will work with the Team Manager in project scheduling and will need to work to tight timescales in delivering products.
- Process conscious: Uses standards and best practices to create innovative and effective products that add value to the organisation.
What We’re Looking For
- A minimum of 5 years working knowledge of the SolidWorks CAD package.
- Experience of operating within the SolidWorks PDM system.
- An understanding of the manufacture of polymer components, tool/mould design and assemblies.
- A minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar subject) with experience of developing high-end, electro-mechanical products.
- Strong skills in mathematics, mechanical principles and electronic fundamentals.
- Experience with limits, fits and geometric tolerances.
- Knowledge of quality assurance, risk management and design standards (especially ISO9001 and the BS7000 series).
- We are looking for a dedicated and self-motivated engineer with a confident and professional style with good communication skills.